Preparing for a fire can help make a very difficult situation a bit easier.
Consider several important steps in case of a wildfire:
- Prepare an emergency supply kit
- Have fire extinguishers in your home and have them services regularly
- Create a plan of action – before, during, and after
- Have a family communication plan – how will you reach each other? Where will you meet?
- Do you have an adequate water supply?
Have you looked at hardening your home to protect against flying embers? Here is a partial list of areas to check:
- The roof — if you’ve recently updated your roof, let us know when requesting an insurance quote, as there may be a discount.
- Walls – have you used fire resistant materials
If you are wondering about the cost of prevention, we can help off-set some of the cost by working to find you savings on your insurance. There are discounts available on property insurance for homes that have risk reduction measures in place. Our team will be happy to discuss it with you when you request a quote for homeowners insurance.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure… B. Franklin
Cal Fire, a third party site, not affiliated with Stratum Insurance Agency LLC, has created a site filled with useful information for your preparation. Click here to learn more.